With this being the first official watch, I was in pretty high spirits. I suddenly felt like I had a goal/purpose to keep me motivated during quarantine.
- This movie seriously cemented the fact that I NEVER want to travel via submarine.
- I don’t know whose idea it was to include a Thai cover of Hey Mickey, (were 80s hits big at the time?) but whoever it was deserves a raise.
- Sophia Cai (Meiying) is adorable in this movie and I hope the world is kind to her.
- At one point Dr. Heller slides a Blood Pressure Monitor on Jason Statham. Before even starting the device, he turns to Zhang and declares “He’s in perfect shape.” He’s not wrong, but this does make me hope Heller has kept up with his malpractice insurance.
- Suyin and Jason Statham both have the “Oh shit, the baby!” gene, which makes both of them The Mom Friend™
- Morris’s “Hell Yeah” after watching Jason Statham jump into the ocean to fight a shark represented everyone in the audience watching that scene.
- “Fin” is arguably the greatest ending to a shark movie ever.
Rating: Hell Yeah!
Date: April 6, 2020