My process for watching The Meg every night begins with turning on the TV. Then I mess around on the internet for a good 15 minutes. Then I open Google Play. Then I scroll through my youtube subscriptions and see if there’s anything I missed during the day. Then I go back and select The Meg. Because Google Play begins the movie wherever I left off, I have to rewind the movie all the way back to the beginning. During this point I watch my whole life (which now only consists of The Meg) flash before my eyes in reverse. I have this time to reflect on the decisions I’ve made in the past, and how they’ve led to this moment. Then, after staring at the 00:00:00 minute mark for a good five minutes, I hit play.
- It took me 23 watches to notice that you can see the silhouette of a shark as the submarine blows up at the start of the movie.
- “I’m not crazy. I’ve just seen things no one else has.” – Me when I tell people I’ve seen The Meg 20+ times.
- I don’t care how many times I watch this movie, literally everyone’s wardrobe looks so comfy! Where’s my “Mana One” clothing line???
- It has just occurred to me that “Mana” most likely means something. After a quick google search, I found it translates to ‘Prestige.’
- I’d like to believe Zhang chose that name because he was a big fan of the movie ‘The Prestige’ starring Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale.
- Also holy crap I completely forgot David Bowie was in that movie!
- I want to know who was responsible for constantly trying to edit out Jason Statham saying ‘shit.’
Rating: It's a Slaughter
Date: April 26, 2020