I was joined by my friend Ashley this watch. She’s the one that invited me along to see The Meg in theaters, so in a way this Daily Watch is all her fault.
- “It’s like the trolley experiment” – Ashley, about Jason Statham deciding to abandon his friends in the sub
- Shortly into the movie we noticed how most of the characters seemed to be wearing a watch (I have a theory MVMT Watches was one of The Meg’s sponsors). We then spent the rest of the movie attempting to determine who had a watch and when.
- Eagerly trying to spot visible wrists made me feel like a 16th century pervert after catching sight of a woman’s ankle. But our hard work paid off. By the end of the movie we noted that all the main characters except for Toshi (who wore long-sleeves the entire time like a total prude) wore a watch.
- Ashley pointed out how Suyin and Zhang just leave Meiying on the topside of Mana One as they lead Morris on a tour of the station. And now that I think about it, Meiying really is left to her own devices throughout the entire movie.
- “And she’s just in the sub??” – Ashley, becoming more and more concerned about the lack of parental supervision Meiying has when it comes to Mana One.
- We decided that her unsupervised time above the surface was when she chalked “Capt. Bubbles” onto the mini-sub.
- “Here we go!” We both excitedly announce at the sight of Mac’s bare wrists.
- Ashley commented on how Mac looks like a movie director and now I can’t unsee it.
- Ashley firmly believes that immediately after Suyin and Statham’s “It’s also about the ones you save” conversation, the two characters banged.
- Ashley said she wished she was as carefree about life as ‘Awesome Kid on Beach.’
- “It’s just like Free Willy” – Ashley, as Jason Statham stabs the Meg in the eye midair.
- And now I have the sneaking suspicion that Ashley has never actually seen Free Willy.
Rating: Hell Yeah!
Date: April 27, 2020