This could very well be the penultimate Meg watch, and guys I’m feeling really sad about it. Shelter at Home is being lifted tomorrow (May 8th), and I don’t know if I’m ready to let go yet.
- It just dawned on me that The Meg is probably the movie I’ve seen the most times in my life, and I really don’t know how to feel about that.
- I don’t know why Zhang calling Jason Statham “Mr. Taylor” felt so wrong this time around, but it did. Statham is way too informal a character to require any kind of prefix.
- Toshi could have made it onto the sub. This is going to be my new “Jack could have survived the Titanic” argument.
- Jason Statham is known for playing grumpy violent roles. But oddly enough a number of his characters are also really good with kids???
- IMDb lists the two men on Morris’s speedboat as ‘Speedboat Crewman’ and ‘Speedboat Mercenary,’ which implies that Morris has ties to the criminal underworld.
- In other words, he definitely got rich through bitcoin.
- The Meg falls into the same category as Independence Day. They’re both B-Movie scripts that got greenlit with an A-Movie budget, and you don’t really think about that fact because the acting, directing, and special effects are so good they make up for the somewhat crazy base premise. Also, both movies are a lot of fun to watch.
I’m trying to decide if I want to end the watch series at 35 (when quarantine is lifted), or go for 50. My friends are pretty divided on when I should stop, so if you have a strong opinion either way (or are interested in hosting an intervention), please message me!
Rating: A very sad Hell Yeah!
Date: May 7, 2020