You guys are never going to believe what I did on Mother’s Day.
Like a true champ, my mom (and my older sister Lauren) volunteered to watch The Meg with me a second time.
- My mom asked me if I’ve dreamed about The Meg yet. The answer is no, but I’ll keep you all posted.
- Watching my mom and sister laugh at all the jokes and startle at the jump-scares really revitalized the watch for me. I was once again able to appreciate what made this movie so entertaining from the start.
- My mom and sister were very excited to sing along to Hey Mickey, and then stumbled over their words once they remembered it wasn’t in English.
- “When a guy starts writing a letter to his wife ‘just in case,’ he might as well be wearing a red shirt.” – My mom, only speaking the truth.
- I asked my mom why she thought Lori and Statham got divorced. And she gave me the perfect answer:
- It was a Green Card Marriage. Statham was getting deported, and the only way he’d be able to keep his job and stay in the country was if he got married to an American.
- What I’m saying is the events depicted in the movie The Proposal actually happened to them.
- This watch was just mom and Lauren uttering a series of “no thank yous” over and over again with increasing levels of distress.
- “Why does the character always die the second someone looks away?” – Mom, once against only speaking the truth.
- Lauren pointed out that the helicopter was shining a light on Morris the entire time as he fell off the boat and was eventually eaten by the Meg. Which means the people in the helicopter knew he was in trouble, and did nothing about it.
- “They brought the kid??” – Lauren, joining the majority in wondering why they let Meiying just tag along wherever they went.
- Lauren also wanted to know why they didn’t stop for the dog.
Rating: Hell Yeah!
Date: May 10, 2020