I have gotten to the point where I am incapable of determining how I feel about The Meg. It’s like someone asking me how I feel about the sun. Some days are hotter than others, and I have very little control over its existence. The only thing I know for certain, is that I will drag myself across the finish line if it’s the last thing I do. And if I die trying, then my friend Kat is contractually obligated to drag my carcass the rest of the way.
- I connected with the crying, wounded survivors of that first shark attack on an emotional level.
- Do you think Statham rented out his Thailand dwellings on airbnb while he was away? He could probably get $15 a night if someone was really desperate.
- “Suyin, you are go for launch.” – That dude (played by Raymond Vinten according to IMDb) has got an amazing voice. Clear, classy, crispy.
- Why would you ever answer a door if you weren’t prepared to speak to the person on the other side?
- “These sharks have no fins” is delivered in such a blasé tone. It’s like DJ was commenting on Panera’s Soup of the Day.
- There’s a “How Did This Get Made” for this movie that I am dying to listen to, but I don’t want it to affect my watch. So it’s going to be my award for making it to the 50th episode.
Rating: Just Keep Swimming
Date: May 20, 2020