This Watch I did something of a double-feature. Kat and I watched Sharknado, and then I watched The Meg immediately afterwards. Both movies feel like they’re on opposite ends of some kind of shark spectrum. I just can’t figure out which one.
- Nothing makes you re-appreciate the CGI in The Meg like watching a bunch of SyFy Channel sharks terrorize all of California.
- Speaking of which, what was up with all the digs at LA in that movie? Like it was literally every other conversation.
- I want to see Jason Statham in a chariot race. I don’t know why, but that just makes sense to me. I just wanna see what happens.
- I’m probably more aware of this because I just watched Sharknado, but this is a very pretty movie. Everything from the clothing, visuals, and set design just comes together really nicely and makes for an incredibly aesthetically pleasing movie.
- As crazy as the scene is when all the smaller sharks appear and eat the meg, the movie does set up that ending. The sharks first arrive when Suyin’s in the shark tank, and they show up again to tear apart the whale before making their final appearance at the end. Rule of Three, baby.
- Also do you have any idea how devastated I was to find out that Sharknado did “Fin” first???
Rating: Just Keep Swimming
Date: May 21, 2020