This watch I was joined (via digital means) by my friend Kat, who told me halfway through that this was her first shark movie. We bonded over both hating the ocean, and I spent the pre-shark portion of the movie trying to convince her that there were no sharks in The Meg. Once the first shark showed up, I tried to convince her it was just a very large dolphin.
- Jason Statham’s Thailand outfit has strong Animal Crossing vibes. No I will not explain.
- Kat was quick to realize that Suyin is a Queen™ and her daughter is Queen™ Jr.
- About 30 minutes into the movie, Kat realized that the doctor was not played by Harrison Ford.
- It really hit me this watch that these characters fall off boats way too easily. Kat requested I do a Spill Count for the next watch.
- All of the outfits in this movie look cozy as hell.
- Kat kept commenting on how “Bro-y” everything was for the entire movie. I’m pretty sure Statham could read Jane Austin and still somehow sound like a Bro.
- Kat joked that on Watch 20 I’ll unlock the secret ending where Statham leaves everyone behind at the end of the movie.
- I was then struck by the fact that Watch 20 is actually going to be a thing, and immediately wanted to take a nap.
- Kat also got a kick out of the “Fin” ending.
Rating: Hell Yeah!
Date: April 9, 2020